Apr 01: The cluster is supporting COVID-19 research through Folding@home! Feb 05: R 3.6.2 is now available! Aug 30: New semester is underway! Welcome new researchers! Jul 31: Mathematica 12 is now available! Jun 30: Python 3.7 is now available! Note: Users '''must''' be on a Wake Forest network or connected via VPN to login to the new head nodes!! Note: Job submission changes: no more 'tengig', 'sandy' or 'ivy' constraint! The 'rhel7test' partition is now gone!
Welcome to the WFU DEAC Cluster
The WFU DEAC HPC Cluster is a centrally funded resource, meaning it is a free tool for all Wake Forest University Reynolda Campus researches and students (excluding the School's of Business, Law, Divinity, and Medicine). The HPC Team is here to train users, troubleshoot scripts, upgrade hardware and software, and support user needs.
- This wiki is the starting point reference for all cluster users.
- It is intended to be a community resource for information sharing.
- Any new entries should aim to make the Cluster user experience easier.
- We encourage all users (regardless of experience) to check the wiki periodically for updates.
- Wiki entries are categorized for convenience, listed below.
- In general, lower level categories are for newer, less experienced cluster users.
- Higher level categories get into more advanced information and steps.
- Alphabetized categories are linked to special pages.
For help, send email to email@example.com
Where to begin?
- Level 1: New User Information
- Level 2: Cluster Specific Information
- Level 3: Quick Start Guides
- Level 4: Specific Information about our scheduler, SLURM
- Level 5: Detailed information about specific software available
- Level 6: Detailed information about compiling, and compiled software
- Level X: List of posted cluster research articles.
- Level Y: List of all Wiki categories.
- Level Z: List of all Wiki pages .
- 20 Sept 2018 - SLURM 18.08 for cluster resource management is now installed!
- 25 June 2018: New ticketing service is live! Transition should be seamless, and much less buggy than before!
- 03 Aug 2018 - Mathematica 11.3.0 for mathematic computations is available!
- 26 June 2018 - OpenMPI 3.1.1 for multinode job parellization is available!
- 25 May 2018 - R 3.5 for statistical and data analysis (module load R/3.5)
- 14 May 2018 - OpenMPI 3.1.0 for multinode job parellization is available!
- 07 Mar 2018 - IDL 8.7 for plot generation
- 20 Feb 2018 - 2018 Intel Compiler and MKL Library Files - Cluster Edition are now available in the cluster! Learn about its new features here
- 09 Feb 2018 - All legacy hardware has been removed from the cluster! Reduced physical footprint saves us $$$!
- 31 Jan 2018 - RAxML 8.2.10 for Maximum-likelihood based phylogenetic inference.
- 16 Jan 2018 - SVN is no longer officially supported by the HPC team. We highly recommend Git Hub or Bit Bucket!